Accelerated Master's Program

Get a head start on graduate school while you're completing your undergraduate degree at JBU.


JBU's Accelerated Master's Program puts you on a path
to earn your master's degree more quickly and at a better value.


Whether you're a traditional undergrad student taking classes on the main campus, or you're earning your bachelor's through JBU Online, you have the opportunity to earn your bachelor's and master's in as little as five years*!

You could save up to $7,200 on your graduate degree!


Talk to a graduate admissions counselor about our master's programs.


How it works

While earning your bachelor’s degree at JBU, you can take graduate courses that count for both graduate and undergraduate hours. A maximum of 12 graduate hours counts as elective credit toward your bachelor’s degree.

Many graduate classes can be completed online, and some are offered face-to-face at one of JBU's campuses. 

After you graduate, the online and evening class format means you can work full-time while finishing your master's degree.

Degree options


M.S. in Counseling*

*M.S. in Counseling is typically a 3-year master's program that can be shortened to 2 years with AMP.



M.Ed. in Special Education 

M.Ed. in School Counseling

M.A. in Teaching

Schedule a call with a graduate admissions counselor
to talk about JBU's master's programs.


Freshman Year - Look at the accelerated master's degree options and see if one is right for you. Our graduate admissions counselors would love to talk with you about the different graduate degrees. Talk to your academic advisor if you have questions about how AMP affects your 4-year course plan.

Sophomore Year - Decide on a master's degree option and notify your advisor before registering for your first semester of junior classes. Complete the form to add Accelerated Master's Program to your undergraduate program.

(AMP is open to juniors and seniors with a cumulative undergraduate grade point average of 3.0 or higher. Applicability of specific graduate courses toward undergraduate degree requirements is determined by the respective undergraduate department head.) 

Junior Year - Begin taking graduate-level classes in your master's program that also count for undergraduate elective credits.

Senior Year - Continue taking graduate-level classes. Complete your application to JBU's graduate program to continue courses after graduation. Our graduate admissions counselors will be happy to help if you have any questions.

Post-Graduation - Work with your graduate program advisor to create a course plan to finish your degree. Graduate classes are designed to work with full-time jobs via online coursework or evening classes.


Add AMP to your plan

If you are a current JBU student, fill out the form below and AMP will be added to your undergraduate program. Make sure to notify your advisor so he or she can assist you with your course plan.

If you are not currently a student at JBU, contact your admissions counselor or call us at 479-524-9500 for more info.