Ways to Give

Find the Right Giving Opportunity for You

From the JBU Scholarship Fund and endowed scholarships to building projects and the Golden Eagle Athletic Booster Club, John Brown University has a variety of projects and programs that are generously supported by our alumni and friends. Below are the most common ways you can provide for JBU students:

Cash Gifts

Cash gifts are the easiest to value for tax purposes and for a donor to transfer by check or credit card to John Brown University.

  • Online. Click here to give online through our secure website.
  • By Mail. Send a check payable to “John Brown University” to:
         Office of University Advancement
         John Brown University
         2000 W University St.
         Siloam Springs, AR  72761-9986
  • By Phone.  Call 1-479-524-7492 between 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. (CST) Monday – Friday and a staff member will assist you with your gift via credit card.  We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.


Do you have shares of stock that you have owned for more than one year and are worth more than you originally paid for them? Do you want to avoid paying taxes on their appreciation? If you answer yes to both of these questions, now might be a great time to consider supporting JBU with a tax-wise gift of appreciated stock. When you donate shares of stock (that you have owned for more than one year) to a qualified charitable organization like JBU, you will be exempt from paying capital gains taxes on any increase in value on those shares. Contact us to learn how an electronic stock transfer can make your charitable giving with stock both quick and convenient.

Real Estate

JBU has been blessed with a variety of real estate gifts including:

  • Homes
  • Land
  • Rental Properties
  • Commercial Buildings
  • Contact us to learn how gifting real estate (owned outright and for more than one year) to JBU can help you avoid the hassle of selling the property while also receiving tax benefits.