Academic program accreditation
- JBU's education preparation programs are accredited by the Council for Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) http://caepnet.org, (202) 223-0077.
- The B.S.E.E and B.S.M.E. degrees are both accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, https://www.abet.org. The B.S. Engineering degree is also accredited, but it is no longer available for new student enrollment.
- The construction management degree is accredited by the American Council for Construction Education (ACCE), http://www.acce-hq.org, (210) 495-6161.
- All business degree programs of the College of Business are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP), http://www.acbsp.org, (913) 339-9356.
- The undergraduate nursing program is fully approved by the Arkansas State Board of Nursing (ASBN), 1123 S. University, Suite 800, University Tower Building Little Rock, AR 72204, 501.686.2700, http://www.arsbn.org. The baccalaureate degree program in Nursing at John Brown University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K Street, NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001, 202-887-6791, http://www.ccneaccreditation.org.
- JBU's Master of Science in Counseling degree program is in the application process for accreditation with the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Education Programs (CACREP), https://www.cacrep.org/, (703) 535-5990.
John Brown University is approved by:
- Arkansas Department of Education
- The U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) to take in and enroll F visa international students
John Brown University is a member of:
- The Council for Christian Colleges & Universities (CCCU)
- Arkansas’ Independent Colleges and Universities (AICU)
- National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities (NAICU)
- Council for Independent Colleges (CIC)
- Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability (ECFA)
- Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE)
- Conference of Southern Graduate Schools (CSGS)
- National Association of Evangelicals (NAE)