Academic program accreditation
- JBU’s initial licensure education preparation programs (all the B.S.E. degree programs, the B.Mus.Ed. degree, and the M.A.T. degree) are accredited by the Council for Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) http://capenet.org (202) 223-0077.
- The B.S. in Electrical Engineering degree is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, https://www.abet.org, under the General Criteria and the Electrical Engineering Program Criteria. The B.S. in Mechanical Engineering degree is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, https://www.abet.org, under the General Criteria and the Mechanical Engineering Program Criteria. The B.S. in Engineering degree is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, https://www.abet.org, under the General Criteria, but it is no longer available for new student enrollment. The B.S. in Robotics and Mechatronics Engineering degree is not yet accredited, and accreditation will be sought at the earliest available opportunity after the first students graduate from the program.
- The construction management degree is accredited by the American Council for Construction Education (ACCE), http://www.acce-hq.org, (210) 495-6161.
- All graduate business degree programs, all B.B.A. degree programs, and the B.S. in General Business and B.S. in Organizational Leadership degrees in the College of Business are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP), http://www.acbsp.org, (913) 339-9356.
- The undergraduate nursing program is fully approved by the Arkansas State Board of Nursing (ASBN), 1123 S. University, Suite 800, University Tower Building Little Rock, AR 72204, 501.686.2700, http://www.arsbn.org. The baccalaureate degree program in Nursing at John Brown University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K Street, NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001, 202-887-6791, http://www.ccneaccreditation.org.
- JBU's Master of Science in Counseling degree program is in the application process for accreditation with the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Education Programs (CACREP), https://www.cacrep.org/, (703) 535-5990.
John Brown University is approved by:
- Arkansas Department of Education
- The U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) to take in and enroll F visa international students
John Brown University is a member of:
- The Council for Christian Colleges & Universities (CCCU)
- Arkansas’ Independent Colleges and Universities (AICU)
- National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities (NAICU)
- Council for Independent Colleges (CIC)
- Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability (ECFA)
- Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE)
- Conference of Southern Graduate Schools (CSGS)
- National Association of Evangelicals (NAE)