Get help paying for school
A limited number of graduate assistantships, scholarships, and/or fellowships are available each academic year to eligible applicants.
Leading positive change in today's world is not easy. It requires knowledge, skill, and character. Leaders are those who provide direction, inspiration, advice, and unified vision to keep those around them focused on moving toward their goals. The Graduate Business Scholarship is a 1-year, merit-based scholarship that seeks to enhance the impact of business leaders who are creating change in their communities, our nation, and the world.
The Graduate Business Scholarship is designed to recognize an entering graduate student in the field of business who shows strong vision and potential for using their education to create a positive impact. Specifically, the recipients will demonstrate:
- An intention to pursue a graduate business degree (MBA or MS) at John Brown University.
- Academic excellence as reflected in prior academic performance.
- A desire to discover the application of Christian principles and active faith in the leadership of an organization.
- A vision for service, development, growth, and impact.
Recipients will receive a tuition scholarship for the MBA or MS degrees in business for the amount of $1,500.
Scholarship Selection Criteria
- Be an incoming student (first semester as a graduate student at JBU) accepted and registered in a graduate business program by the priority deadline
- Have a completed undergraduate degree
- Have an undergraduate GPA of 2.75 or greater
- Submit two short essay questions
Conditions for continuance
Recipients must maintain satisfactory academic progress and satisfy dispositional requirements of the Soderquist College of Business in order to receive the scholarship for successive years. The scholarship expires 24 months after its initial award.
Individuals who were not enrolled in a graduate business program at JBU the previous fall semester or prior may apply for the Graduate Business Scholarship. Only candidates who meet the scholarship selection criteria will be considered by the Graduate Business Scholarship selection committee.
- Spring - December 23
- Summer - April 25
- Fall - August 5