Expansion and Improvement
JBU’s campus has been in a continuous state of expansion and improvement since the turn of the century. Generous supporters have made these enhancements possible so that current and future generations of students, faculty and staff will benefit from JBU’s beautiful and functional campus.
- Since 2000, 68.1 percent of buildings on campus are new or renovated
- Since 2000, 93.5 percent of new building and renovation costs were paid for by gifts
- JBU’s buildings provide 922,599 square feet of space for students, faculty and staff
Since July 2012, John Brown University's main campus has been a zero landfill institution, a transition that is part of an overall sustainability strategy.
- JBU won a 2014 National Association of College and University Business Officers Innovation Award for its Zero Landfill Initiative.
- The Zero Landfill Initiative has diverted over 410 tons of waste from landfills since July 2012.
- More Information