Registrar's Office

Important Information

The Registrar’s Office serves as the official record-keeper of the University. This office also assists students in registering for class, awarding credit for transfer work or correspondence courses, and helping students plan for graduation.

 For additional information, transfer students should contact the Admissions Office at 479.524.7157 and current students may contact the Registrar’s office at 479.524.7158 or


Traditional Undergrad Winter Session

  • Last Day to Add a Winter Session course: Monday, January 4, 2021 
  • Last Day to Drop a Winter Session course: Friday, January 15, 2021

Traditional Undergrad

  • Steps for academic planning registration
  • Last Day to Add a Spring 2021 course:  Friday, February 12, 2021 (How to add a class)
  • Last Day to Drop a Spring 2021 course: Friday, March 26, 2021 (How to drop a class)

Online Undergraduate

  • Registration Instructions
  • Last day to drop a Spring A course: Friday, January 29
  • Last day to drop a Spring B course: Friday, April 2
  • During the first week of class you can drop a class online (here's how to drop a course). After the first week of class, or if you want to drop all of your classes, contact your advisor.

 Graduate School

Core Curriculum Revisions

Revisions to the JBU core curriculum requirements will be effective July 1, 2019. To review the new core and how this will impact current students, please click on the link below.  Students who have earned 75 or more credit hours at the end of the Spring 2019 semester are not eligible to switch to the new catalog with new core requirements.

Revisions to the Core Curriculum

Important Information

Need to change your home address/name/social security number?

  • In order for John Brown University to maintain accurate records, and for you to receive important and timely information from us, it is imperative that your address be correct in our system. In order to do that, you must notify the Registrar's Office of any name/address changes (if you move, your address changes, you change your name, or you find that your name/address is incorrect in our system) as soon as possible. 
  • You may submit a change of Address form online at  (Also, it is recommended that you file a change of address with your local U.S. Post Office.) 
  • For change of name, please provide a copy of a divorce or marriage certificate, driver's license, or Social Security card.  For change of Social Security Number, Social Security card is required. You can email