Full-Time Position - Posted 3/17/2023
This position is responsible for recruiting, evaluating, and enrolling undergraduate students by engaging in strategic communication and effectively connecting students and parents to the brand and value of the JBU experience. The Admissions Counselor is responsible for representing the university at various recruitment events, providing counseling to students, and their families, and maintaining relationships with high schools.
- Ability to maintain positive relationships with staff, faculty, students and community
- Ability to set priorities and accomplish goals with limited supervision
- Ability to present oneself professionally in speech and appearance to external constituents.
- Ability to articulate the benefits of a Christian college experience, including a clear and concise position on the issue of integration of faith, learning and living
- Commitment to the Articles of Faith, mission and objectives of the university
- Desire to be a role model for students by demonstrating an active Christian faith in personal example and in work-related responsibilities.
- Meet and exceed enrollment goals set by the university.
- Communicates information about all programs and services JBU offers and acts as a liaison between prospective students and the JBU campus to ensure students have all relevant information to make an informed college decision.
- Contacts and communicates with prospective JBU students by voice, digital, and in-person methods.
- Works with the Campus Experience Team to provide exceptional hospitality to all group and individual visitors.
- Maintains digital files for applicants, recording contacts made and information provided to students. Tracks all documents required for admission, such as the application, high school transcripts, test scores, references, deposits, health forms, and financial aid forms.
- Establishes relationships with students and their families. Follows up on a systematic basis to strengthen and maintain these important relationships.
- Travels often to represent JBU at college fairs, churches, and schools in order to generate leads and build relationships with students, pastors, and guidance counselors, particularly in their assigned regional territory.
- Attends professional development workshops and conferences as required.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Undergraduate Admissions.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness to provide high-quality customer service.
- Capacity to self-manage multiple projects and complete work on time with little supervision.
Desired skills and experience
- Admissions Intern or Ambassador.
- Alumni of JBU.
- Understanding of the sales process.
- Bachelor’s degree
Reporting to this position
Physical demands and work environment
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; stand; sit; use hands; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The employee is expected to adhere to all University policies.
JBU desires to increase the diversity of its faculty, staff, and students to honor how all humans are created in the image of God, to reflect better the diversity of the Kingdom of God, to further our Christian commitment to justice, and to increase the quality of our educational experience. JBU is pursuing the goal of teaching and working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from ethnic minorities and women. For more information, visit our diversity webpage.
Information describing the university is available online.
Please complete the application and then upload it along with your resume and cover letter to the "Upload Your Documents" page. Only complete materials will be reviewed. Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted by the university.
Office of Human Resources
John Brown University
2000 West University Street
Siloam Springs, AR 72761