Admissions Requirements for International Students

Learn more about applying to the JBU Graduate School


International Students

To be considered for admission to JBU as an international student, you must meet the general admission criteria, hold the equivalent of a bachelor's degree from an accredited or recognized university, have demonstrated proficiency in English and submit the following:

  1. An online application and $100 non-refundable application fee. The application includes an essay of approximately 200 words regarding your professional plans and reason for seeking acceptance into the program.
  2. Official transcript from bachelor's degree-granting institution. Transcripts must be mailed by the college or university directly to the Graduate Admissions office at JBU (2807 Ajax Ave, Suite 200; Rogers AR 72758). If the transcript is not in English, it must go through WES World Education Services - International Credential evaluation.
  3. Recommendations from three people who are not related to you but are familiar with your character and scholarship. The recommendation forms are included in the online application process and will be sent to your email immediately after submitting your international student application.
  4. Official GRE exam scores (290 minimum score with a verbal score of 145 or higher); The GMAT is also accepted for applicants to the MBA or MS in Leadership and Ethics programs.
  5. Proof of U.S. insurance and immunization records including date of measles/rubella vaccination. 
  6. Official TOEFL test scores. Must receive 550 or above for paper-based test or 79 or higher on the internet-based test.
  7. Official documents showing ability to pay college costs, or an Affidavit of Support (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services form I-134 available through the International Programs Office) completed by a U.S. sponsor.
  8. Deposit for one year covering the cost of tuition for one year. The deposit is 100 percent refundable if you do not enroll.
  9. Additional information or an admission interview if requested by the department head or graduate dean.

Your particular program of interest may have additional requirements. To determine what they are, check with your admissions representative.

NOTE: Student visas are only available to qualified students enrolling in one of the following graduate programs by location:

At all locations:

  • MS in Marriage and Family Therapy
  • MS in Clinical Mental Health Counseling

In Northwest Arkansas:

  • Master of Business Administration
  • MS In Leadership
  • MS in Design Thinking and Innovation
  • Master of Arts in Teaching
  • Master of Education 

Recruiting Representative for Graduate International Students:
Aaron Abbott 

Immunization Requirements

The Arkansas Department of Health requires all graduate students to submit proof of having received one dose of the MMR vaccination. There are four types of acceptable records showing the date the MMR was received: 1) a doctor's record signed by a physician; 2) school immunization records; 3) military immunization records; or 4) a record from the state's health department. Documentation needs to be received within thirty days after acceptance into a graduate program.

Google™ Translate: