Christ Over All
Our protestant interdenominational culture offers a beautiful and unique opportunity for students to broaden their understanding of Christ and fosters a safe place for students to ask hard questions, seek truth and grow in love and commitment to Jesus.
As a Christian institution, John Brown University holds to the interdenominational doctrinal position identified by the following statements:
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that, for the salvation of lost and sinful people, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely necessary.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
As adopted by the National Association of Evangelicals.