Higher Learning Commission
230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500
Chicago, IL 60604


  • John Brown University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, http://hlcommission.org/, (800) 621-7440.
  • The education preparation programs are accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE).  On July 1, 2013 NCATE consolidated with the Teacher Education Accreditation Council (TEAC) and formed the Council for Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) as the new accrediting body for educator preparation http://caepnet.org, (202) 223-0077.
  • The Bachelor of Science in Engineering Program, including electrical/computer, mechanical or renewable energy concentrations, is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
  • Construction Management degree is accredited by the American Council for Construction Education (ACCE),http://www.acce-hq.org, (210) 495-6161.
  • All business degree programs of the College of Business are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP), http://www.acbsp.org, (913) 339-9356.
  • The baccalaureate degree program in nursing at John Brown University is accredited by the Commission on

    Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K Street, NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001, 202-887-6791


John Brown University is approved by:

  • Arkansas State Department of Education
  • The United States Department of Justice for the education of foreign students
Professional Licensure

If you are a student from outside the state of Arkansas, who is considering a program of study that may lead to professional licensure, be sure to contact the appropriate licensing agency in your state of residence before beginning your course of study.

Student Complaint Resolution

John Brown University is committed to providing high quality educational opportunities.  If a conflict arises, JBU wishes to resolve student grievances, complaints and concerns in an expeditious, fair and collegial manner.

CLICK HERE to access the JBU policy and procedure for student complaints in the Catalogs for Traditional JBU students, JBU Grad students and JBU Online students.

Student Complaint Form

If an online student has concerns related to academic or administrative actions at John Brown University and has exhausted all administrative remedies without the complaint being resolved internally, the student may file a formal complaint with the appropriate agency in the state of their residence.  

Please note, this process does not apply to complaints related to student grades or discipline/conduct matters.

State Agencies for Student Complaint

NC-SARA Approved Institution

John Brown University is approved by the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA) to be an institutional participant in the SARA initiative.

NC-SARA is a voluntary, regional approach to state oversight of post-secondary distance education.  Learn more about NC-SARA.

Google™ Translate: