LSI - Leadership Applications
Student Directors are an integral part of all of LSI. Together they plan, implement, and evaluate all LSI events and activities, providing direction for the entire program. It is both a ministry and an amazing leadership experience! This is a close team that stays together for four years. After being hired in the spring of the freshman year, directors stay on the LSI team until graduation.
- Must have a passion for influencing other students toward Christ-centered leadership
- Must have a desire to grow in their own leadership; be a learner at heart
- Must profess faith in the Lord Jesus Christ as personal Savior and uphold the standards of the University as set forth in its student handbook
- Must have been in attendance at JBU for at least one semester, and a current member of the LSI program
- Must have and maintain at least a cumulative 2.5 GPA (3.00 in your third and fourth years)
- No student currently on, or having been on, developmental contract or disciplinary probation for the preceding semester may serve as an LSI Director
For more super important information, please click on the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) link above BEFORE completing the application. Also, review the critical dates listed below in the hiring timeline section at the bottom of the page.
Applications due: Monday, January 30, by midnight
- Individual Interviews-Wednesday, February 1, Time slots available between 6:30-10pm
- Group Interviews-Tuesday, February 7 6:30pm OR Saturday, February 4 10-12am
- Our selection process is lengthy because we really want time to know you! Because of this, please know that further interviews with the Student Director Team and the LSI Director will take place in the weeks following the above interviews. We will contact you individually to set up these dates.
Selection: will be complete on or before the week of March 17
Spring Director's Retreat: April 7-8-9 (required)
Fall return date: August 11 (tentative)
Because the LSI Director position is essentially a three and a half-year commitment, it calls for a different and fuller interview process than many other JBU leadership positions. The interview times listed above represent the basic structure. If additional information is needed, we’ll communicate with you directly. It is our goal to keep you well informed throughout the process.