Approval to Transfer Credit Form

JBU Online Programs

If you plan to earn credit outside of John Brown University, you will need to complete the form below in order to receive approval to transfer that credit.


If the registrar approves the course/exam you wish to take, it is acceptable and will apply toward your graduation requirements. If the registrar denies the course/exam, it will NOT apply toward your graduation requirements.  To appeal a denied request, you must speak with the associate registrar directly by calling the main campus at 866-856-8503.

  1. John Brown University guarantees transfer of course only with prior written approval of the registrar's office.
  2. A grade of "C" or better must be earned in each course proposed for transfer.
  3. A passing score as determined by the JBU standards must be received on each exam (CLEP, DANTES).
  4. Correspondence work must be validated by a supervised examination.
  5. An official transcript documenting the work must be sent directly from the institution awarding the credit to JBU.
  6. As of March 27, 2020 JBU no longer accepts coursework from (and similar services).  If you previously received approval using this form for a Straighterline course  the approval will be honored.

Complete the form below by providing the requested information.  You will be notified via your JBU e-mail account within a week regarding if the course/exam was approved or denied.