The Student Fellows Program of the Paradosis Center for Theology and Scripture at John Brown University offers the unique opportunity to selected students to become officially involved with the center and its mission: To bring together Christians from Catholic, Orthodox, and Evangelical backgrounds to have meaningful theological exchanges centered on Scripture in order that we may learn from one another and more fully understand and live out in our North-American context the tradition (paradosis) passed down from the beginning. Student fellows will have the unique opportunity to work alongside the director and give leadership to the center.
To equip students in order to intelligently and effectively participate in contemporary Catholic, Orthodox, and Evangelical dialogues.
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Sophomore standing or higher upon fellowship appointment
- Have a major or minor within the Bible Division
- Give leadership and direction to the Paradosis Center
- Receive a $500 research/travel stipend per year
- Participate in local and national ecumenical dialogues
- Monthly meetings of Director and Fellows to discuss theological issues impacting the church
- Grow theologically in the Christian faith