Siloam Springs, Ark. (February 28, 2011) - Vanessa Uhrhahn, a 5-11 middle blocker/hitter from Greenwood, Ark., has signed a national letter of intent to play volleyball at John Brown University next fall.
“Vanessa has achieved great success in the few years that she has played volleyball,” says JBU head volleyball coach Stacie Johnson. “Right away I was impressed with her athleticism, character, and ability to be coached. These qualities make her a great fit for JBU and the Lady Golden Eagles’ volleyball team.”
During her three years at Greenwood High School, Uhrhahn earned numerous accolades which include the following:
- 2010 All-State
- 2010 All-State Tournament Team
- 2010 All-Conference
- 2010 Arkansas Athletes Outreach Top 25 Player
- 2010 Vice President National Honor Society
- 2010 Faculty Honor Roll Award
- 2010 Highest Average Chem I Award
- 2009 State Runner Up
- 2009 Faculty Honor Roll Award
- 2009 History Award of Achievement
- 2008 Regional Champs
- 2008 State Runner-Up
- 2008 Regional Runner-Up
- 2008 Future Business Leaders of America
- 2008 Principals Award Honors
- 2008 Honors Choir Award
- 2007 National Honor Society
- Participated on a top club team for her age group for the past three years.
In addition to her hard work ethic on the court, Uhrhahn is a 3.9 GPA student, who plans to major in English or photography illustration.