Study Abroad at Lithuania International University
Lithuania International University (LCC) is a nationally and internationally recognized liberal arts institution in the city of Klaipéda, Lithuania. Established in 1991 by a joint venture of Lithuanian, Canadian, and American foundations, LCC has distinguished itself in the region by offering a unique, future-oriented style of education and an interactive academic environment within the context of a Christian academic community.
Study abroad students select 15 to 17 credit hours from courses in Business Administration, English Language and Literature, Psychology and Theology. Students share a room with three European roommates and receive a monthly stipend for food and entertainment. The LCC study abroad program also includes an orientation week, travel throughout Lithuania, weekend trip to Riga and Tallinn, and a one-week semester break trip to St. Petersburg and Moscow. For more information, check out the Lithuania International University website.
Requirements: 2.7 GPA and sophomore standing or higher
Cost: Same as JBU tuition, room & board, plus airfare; 75% of JBU institutional aid applicable
Housing: Share a dorm room with three European room mates
- Select five LCC courses from the course offerings. See this page for a listing of courses offered, by department. The departments are Business, English, General Studies, Lithuanian Studies, Social Sciences and Psychology, and Theology.
- IDS/SOC 330 Cross-Cultural Seminar is a mandatory course for all Study Abroad students at LCC.
- Consult your academic advisor to determine how LCC courses transfer to JBU.
- You will receive Global Studies credit from JBU.
How to Apply:
1. Follow the steps on the Application Page of the Lithuania Christian College website. Please note the deadlines listed below.
2. Notify the International Office of your intent to participate by contacting Mindi Stevenson at firstname.lastname@example.org by October 1st (spring semester deadline) or February 1st (fall semester deadline).
Dates and Deadlines
LCC Fall 2016
February 1: Early acceptance deadline
March 15: application deadline
August 23 - 28: Orientation & travel in Lithuania
September 22–25: Weekend trip to Riga & Tallinn
October 29 – November 6: 1 week trip to St. Petersburg & Moscow
December 12–16: Final exams
LCC Spring 2017
September 15: Early acceptance deadline
October 15: Application deadline
January 3–8: Orientation & travel in Lithuania
March 4 – March 12: 1 week trip to St. Petersburg & Moscow
April 6 – 9: Weekend trip to Riga & Tallinn
April 24 – 28: Final exams
April 30: Departure from Lithuania
For More Information, contact:
International Education Coordinator
John Brown University