Assistant Coach - Men's Basketball
This is a part-time position serving as an Assistant Coach of the Men’s basketball program. John Brown University belongs to the Sooner Athletic Conference and is a member of the NAIA. This position provides assistance to the basketball head coach in practices, games, conditioning, scouting opponents, recruiting, and film work. Responsible for assisting head coach in enforcing institutional, conference and NAIA regulations relevant to the JBU basketball program.
- Strong ability to create good will with staff and students; servant attitude.
- Commitment to the Articles of Faith, Mission, and Objectives of the University and a desire to be a role model for students by demonstrating an active Christian faith in personal example and inwork related responsibilities.
- Assist the head coach in ways that will benefit the total program.
- Assist in recruiting student-athletes that fit the overall mission of JBU and who excel on the basketball court.
- Coordinate with the Admissions department in regards to all prospective student-athletes. (visits, application process, etc)
- Attend all practices and be prepared to assist the head coach in all drills and instruction.
- Breakdown film of opponents as instructed by head coach.
- Assist in the weight lifting program for the basketball team.
- Assist the head coach in the distribution and collection of equipment, supplies, and uniforms.
- Be responsible for the security of all facilities used by the team when the head coach is not present.
- Be responsible for the conduct of the student athletes at all times: practices, games, road trips, etc
- Perform any other duties or responsibilities as assigned by the Head Coach.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Good working knowledge of basketball.
- Good communication skills and administrative abilities.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Collegiate playing experience.
Reporting to this position:
No direct reports
Physical demands and work environment:
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is routinely required to walk; stand; sit; use hands; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk and hear. The employee must routinely lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: The noise level in the work environment can be excessive.
The employee is expected to adhere to all University policies.
JBU desires to increase the diversity of its faculty, staff, and students to honor how all humans are created in the image of God, to reflect better the diversity of the Kingdom of God, to further our Christian commitment to justice, and to increase the quality of our educational experience. JBU is pursuing the goal of teaching and working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from ethnic minorities and women. For more information, visit our diversity webpage.
More Information About JBU
A summary describing the university is available online.
Please complete the application and then upload it along with your resume and cover letter to the "Upload Your Documents" page. Only complete materials will be reviewed. Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted by the university.
Office of Human Resources
John Brown University
2000 West University Street
Siloam Springs, AR 72761