KLRC Donor & Guest Relations Specialist/Administrative Assistant
Part-time position - Posted 07/06/2022
Create an exceptional experience for visitors and callers by greeting, welcoming, assisting and directing them appropriately; ensure timely notification of gift status to donors; notify company personnel of visitor arrival; receive and sort mail and deliveries; provide administrative support on public-facing communication, coordination, and follow-up. This is a part-time position working 25 - 30 hours weekly.
- Has strong ability to create goodwill with staff, faculty, and students; has a servant's heart; is well organized, attentive to detail.
- Is articulate in spoken and written communication with listeners and donors, responding to all correspondence in a polite, courteous, professional and timely manner.
- Is warm and empathetic in donor interactions, demonstrating humility, gratitude, and understanding.
- Has a strong sense of commitment to team, superior inter-office communication skills, ability to learn and follow procedures, with a willingness to question and challenge appropriately.
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic, seeks out ways to help, is self-motivated and finds work to do during slow times.
- Presents a confident and inviting office receptionist presence, welcoming and professional in appearance and demeanor.
- Is resourceful, proactive, and creative in dealing with visitor/listener/donor issues that may arise.
- Is committed to the Articles of Faith, Mission, and Objectives of John Brown University and KLRC.
- Takes ownership of the role of modeling an active Christian faith, both in personal life and in work-related responsibilities.
- Welcome and greet visitors with a positive, helpful attitude, in person or on the telephone. Personally respond to all visitor or caller inquiries as able or refer inquiries as appropriate.
- Assist visitors in finding their way around the office; provide occasional station tours as needed.
- Assist Station Manager in administrative tasks related to communication and record-keeping and in managing timely processing of accounts payable.
- Manage record keeping and communication for Birthday Bash winners.
- Maintain KLRC non-profits list – Periodically verify non-profits and their contact info, update KLRC website accordingly.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Train as a junior-level backup in all back-office duties, including administration and recording of gifts, recurring gift setup for bank cards and direct debits, data maintenance, book-keeping, financial reporting, donor receipts and reminder letters, etc.
- Correspond with KLRC monthly donors to resolve declined gifts.
- Assist KLRC donors via phone, email, and mail-out communication on information related to questions, changes to their accounts, and donation processing.
- Liaison between the station and JBU administrative departments – Business Office and Advancement Office.
- Mail out KLRC prizes and t-shirts to listeners and donors as needed.
- Receive and sort mail and deliveries to the KLRC building and retrieve campus mail from the JBU post office.
- Assist with bulk mailings – print, fold, stuff, stamp, and deliver letters to post office.
- Fundraiser lead-up – Call Volunteers to confirm participants, field questions, capture shirt sizes, etc.
- Fundraiser lead-up – Maintain records for Volunteer background checks, coordinate with volunteers and JBU when renewals are due.
- Fundraiser – Assist in phone room during blitz times and volunteer meals/breaks.
- Fundraiser – Help “scrub” incoming donor-related data as it is entered in fundraiser data collection database.
Essential skills and experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Passionate about the mission and ministry of KLRC.
- Desire and ability to learn and assimilate new tools and technologies.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of donor information and development records.
Associate's degree or significant related work experience preferred.
Physical demands and work environment
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk, stand, sit, use hands, reach with hands and arms, balance, stoop, talk, and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Job includes extended periods of time at a desk with exposure to a computer monitor and typing at a keyboard.
Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
JBU desires to increase the diversity of its faculty, staff, and students to honor how all humans are created in the image of God, to reflect better the diversity of the Kingdom of God, to further our Christian commitment to justice, and to increase the quality of our educational experience. JBU is pursuing the goal of teaching and working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from ethnic minorities and women. For more information, visit our diversity webpage.
Information describing the university is available online.
Please complete the application and then upload it along with your resume and cover letter to the "Upload Your Documents" page. Only complete materials will be reviewed. Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted by the university.
Office of Human Resources
John Brown University
2000 West University Street
Siloam Springs, AR 72761