Enrollment Marketing and Design Coordinator
Full-time position - Posted 08/02/2022
John Brown University seeks a detail-oriented, creative, and empathetic person to enhance our enrollment strategies with effective communication and graphic design. The coordinator is responsible for developing and executing marketing and communication strategies that improve user experience and conversion rates to drive the interest, admission, and enrollment of new students in JBU’s on-campus undergraduate, graduate, and online undergraduate programs. This position reports to the Director of Design & Marketing and collaborates with enrollment leadership, the enrollment systems team, the campus experience team, and admissions counselors. This position is housed at the main campus in Siloam Springs. Opportunities to travel for professional development exist.
- Strong ability to create goodwill with staff, faculty, and students; servant attitude
- Demonstrated experience setting priorities and completing tasks with limited supervision.
- A commitment to serving diverse populations.
- Commitment to the Articles of Faith, Mission, and Objectives of the University; and desires to be a role model for students by demonstrating an active Christian faith in personal example and in work-related responsibilities.
- Develop and execute strategic, data-driven marketing initiatives to support the enrollment goals of the on-campus undergraduate, graduate, and online undergraduate programs.
- Write copy for marketing collateral and communications, including webpages, brochures, mailers, advertisements, email, and SMS.
- Design and manage the production of traditional and digital marketing collateral.
- Design, maintain and analyze reports.
- Assist in the development, maintenance, and optimization of JBU’s enrollment CRM (Customer Relationship Management) and application management technology (Slate by Technolutions).
- Assist in the implementation of personalized communications, online forms, dynamic content (portals), and telecommunication campaigns.
- Assist in the maintenance and optimization of jbu.edu to improve user experience and conversion rate.
- Contribute to the pursuit of innovation, efficiency, and improved customer experience.
- Manage enrollment's design and/or marketing intern(s).
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential skills and experiences
- Ability to design effective and production-ready marketing collateral and use the Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop) as demonstrated by a portfolio.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written communication skills and a willingness to write copy
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn complex technical processes and concepts and a willingness to learn to use Slate.
Preferred skills and experience
- One year of relevant work experience in enrollment/admissions, graphic design, marketing or related field.
- Ability to write compelling and concise copy as demonstrated by a portfolio.
- Experience with the successful implementation of marketing and/or communication strategies as demonstrated by an improvement to key performance indicators.
- Experience with Slate or other CRM technology.
- Experience with, or desire to learn, HTML and CSS.
A bachelor's degree is preferred
Reporting to this position
Physical demands and work environment
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk; stand; sit; use hands; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
The employee is expected to adhere to all University policies.
JBU desires to increase the diversity of its faculty, staff, and students to honor how all humans are created in the image of God, to reflect better the diversity of the Kingdom of God, to further our Christian commitment to justice, and to increase the quality of our educational experience. JBU is pursuing the goal of teaching and working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from ethnic minorities and women. For more information, visit our diversity webpage.
Information describing the university is available online.
Please complete the application and then upload it along with your resume and cover letter to the "Upload Your Documents" page. Only complete materials will be reviewed. Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted by the university.
Office of Human Resources
John Brown University
2000 West University Street
Siloam Springs, AR 72761