Responsible for accounting issues related to cash management, non-resident aliens, grant funding, short-term investments, and assisting Chief Accounting and Budget Officer with various accounting functions as assigned.
- Strong ability to create good will with staff, faculty and student body; servant attitude
- Desires Professional growth; accurate; good communicator
- Commitment to the Articles of Faith, Mission, and Objectives of the University; and desires to be a role model for the students by demonstrating an active Christian faith in personal example and in work-related responsibilities
- Sets goals and objectives and accomplishes them without the need for frequent follow-up
- Manages daily positive pay exceptions and reconciles all bank accountsmonthly
- Records and reconciles cash statements to the general ledger
- Manages procurement card program
- Maintains topical knowledge of and assists in all aspects of accounting for non-resident aliens
- Verifies and reconciles all grant funding
- Monitoring and reporting on operational budget issues
- Updates Accounting Services policies and procedures documentation
- Trains JBU employees in the use of Financial Management software
- Helps prepare for annual audit
- May supervise work-study students
- Other duties as assigned
Essential skills and experience
- Five or more years of accounting experience preferred
- Computer data entry, knowledge of Intel-based business software, ten-key by touch
An associate's degree in accounting or equivalent work experience preferred
Reporting to this position
Physical demands and work environment
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk; stand; sit; use hands; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
The employee is expected to adhere to all University policies.
JBU desires to increase the diversity of its faculty, staff, and students to honor how all humans are created in the image of God, to reflect better the diversity of the Kingdom of God, to further our Christian commitment to justice, and to increase the quality of our educational experience. JBU is pursuing the goal of teaching and working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from ethnic minorities and women. For more information, visit our diversity webpage.
Information describing the university is available online.
Please complete the application and then upload it along with your resume and cover letter to the "Upload Your Documents" page. Only complete materials will be reviewed. Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted by the university.
Office of Human Resources
John Brown University
2000 West University Street
Siloam Springs, AR 72761