Administrative Assistant - Career Development
Responsible for general support of Director of Career Development and the Career Development Department. This position also serves as one of the hospitality host for Student Development by warmly greeting individuals as they enter or call the department. This person will assess individual’s needs/questions and provide them with answers or help them find the answers. This position serves as the department receptionist and answers the telephone as well as maintains the schedules of those in the office area. Provides organization, effective communication, and has a strong ability to multitask; is a detail-oriented team player and able to achieve objectives without need for frequent follow up. This is a part time position, 30 hours per week; Monday – Friday between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm, and will work 47 weeks out of the year.
Strong ability to create good will with staff, faculty, and students; servant attitude
Commitment to the Articles of Faith, Mission, and Objectives of the University; and desires to be a role model for students by demonstrating an active Christian faith in personal example and in work related responsibilities
Trustworthy with confidential information; good research skills and attention to detail
Ability to establish priorities, manage shifting priorities, and handle time-sensitive projects with multiple deadlines
Demonstrates creativity, problem solving skills, taking initiative, judgment, and decision-making skill
Well versed in taking and compiling team meeting notes
- Manages the administrative and office operations, and oversees financial processes for the Career Development Department
- Provide office support for staff, scheduling, typing, filing, copying, answer phones and preparing mailings
- Assure that resources are in stock, the desk area and the center are easy to use and in proper order
- Assists with the content, design, and maintenance of the CDC website and digital media
- Deep knowledge of making administrative and procedural decisions
- Reviews CDC content and materials and provides feedback for projects
- The first line of contact for employers regarding On-Campus Recruitment, Information Sessions, and Job board
- Assist students in navigating and utilizing Career Development Resources
- Assists in the planning, organizing and implementing of annual Career Development event
- Owns the upkeep of team resources and SOP’s
- Arranges for camps and business recruiters to be on campus
- Receives and posts employment opportunities to JBU Career Link
- Assigns tasks and provides guidance to Career Development Specialist
- Prepare and modify documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, memos and emails
- Serve Siloam Summer Project
Essential Skills and Experience
Working knowledge of Office Suite, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. 45 wpm keyboarding minimum
Able to navigate the internet and find answers quickly
Preparation of expense reports and other administrative record keeping
Able to accomplish goals without frequent follow-up
Calendar management and project task tool
Strong communication skills, both oral and written
Strong Organizational skills
Preferred Skills and Experience
- High school graduate. Courses in office skills preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk; stand; sit; use hands; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
Information describing the university is available on-line.
Please complete the application then email it along with your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only complete materials will be reviewed. Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted by the university.
Office of Human Resources
John Brown University
2000 West University Street
Siloam Springs, AR 72761