Campus Safety Officer - Part Time
This position provides security and protection over persons and various University buildings and/or property within the University community by enforcing the rules and regulations of the University.
- Strong ability to create good will with staff, faculty, and students; servant attitude.
- Integrity; honesty; servant attitude; able to set priorities; goal oriented; self-motivated.
- Commitment to the Articles of Faith, Mission, and Objectives of the University; and desires to be a role model for students by demonstrating an active Christian faith in personal example and in work related responsibilities.
- Provides security and protective services to the University community by patrolling assigned areas or buildings to enforce campus rules and regulations, which includes security of individual buildings.
- Investigates accidents, thefts, and other incidents, and enters a report to appropriate authorities.
- Enforces parking and other University regulations, issuing violation tickets.
- Provides security and traffic control for events as required, including Fall and Spring commencement.
- Assists in emergency care, first aid response of student, faculty, staff and general public until emergency personnel arrive.
- Observes and reports all lighting and safety equipment malfunctions to Central Plant Boiler Operator for repair/replacement work order.
Essential Skills and Experience
- One or more years of experience in security, military or law enforcement field.
- Proficiency in computer word processing, database, and spreadsheet applications.
- Skill in both written and verbal communications.
- Valid driver’s license is required. Driving record will be checked.
Preferred skills and experience:
- Courses in security or police work.
- High school graduate with one or more years in related work experience, preferably in security, law enforcement or military service.
Reporting to this position
- No direct reports.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk; stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
The employee is expected to adhere to all University policies.
Information describing the university is available on-line.
Please complete the application and then email it along with your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only complete materials will be reviewed. Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted by the university.
Office of Human Resources
John Brown University
2000 West University Street
Siloam Springs, AR 72761