Health Services Home

Preventing and Treating Illness

The Director of Health Services, Rhonda Hostler, is available to see students and to help them evaluate their needs. It is not our intention to replace your primary physician, but to serve as a substitute at times when college life may be "hazardous to your health." We want to help you understand some of those hazards, how to prevent them, and when necessary to treat and care for the resulting illness on your own.

  • Non-prescription medicine is available through the office, and a referral to a physician can be arranged when necessary
  • Doctor's referrals can be arranged when indicated
  • Advice for international travel is available through the nurse
  • Humidifiers, crutches, heating pads and other equipment are available to borrow
  • Changing of dressings and removal of stitches by the director can be arranged with the attending physician's consent

Appointments may be made online via Eaglenet.

Admission Health Forms

Medical and Mental Health Authorization Form

Mail completed and signed form to: JBU Health Services, 2000 W University Street, Siloam Springs, AR 72761
Fax to 479-524-1621
E-mail to

Tuberculosis Screening Form

Due to Arkansas State Law regarding Act 96 of 1913, John Brown University now requires all incoming students who were born or have lived for longer than six months in countries where Tuberculosis is endemic to show documentation of a negative TB skin test (done in the U.S. and within six months of the school term) or a special TB blood test (IGRAs). If you have a history of a positive skin test, then documentation of a negative chest x-ray is required. If treatment occurred, please provide documentation of that.

In order to determine which students are affected by this law, John Brown University must collect this form from all students.

If you were born or lived in a foreign country that is NOT listed on the PDF above, you will need to have a TB skin test within six months of your first day of class. It can be faxed to 479-524-1621 or mailed to JBU Health Services.


Information concerning your visits to health services is not released to anyone without your permission with the exception of conditions that must by law be reported to the Public Health Department. Feel free to ask the Director of Health Services if you have any concerns about the matter. View our Privacy Practices

Immunization Records Request

Immunization records are only available to traditional undergraduate students.  Records are kept for a maximum of 7 years before they are destroyed.  A $5 fee is required.

Order a copy of your immunization record here