With classes in Rogers, Fort Smith, Little Rock and Siloam Springs, JBU's Graduate Counseling programs provide the educational preparation you need to set yourself apart as a licensed professional counselor, marriage and family therapist or a school counselor. JBU's Graduate Counseling programs combine faith with learning to instill Christ-like character, integrity, compassion and commitment into students so that they become reflective professionals and skilled decision makers.
Through the unique partnership with JBU's CARE Clinic, graduate counseling students get real-life experience as interns for the clinic in the final stages of their degree program. And the department's newest program – play therapy – offers the option to earn an emphasis in play therapy as a part of your master's degree program or to receive the training after completing a master's degree.
With a master’s degree in counseling from JBU, you will be prepared professionally for counseling and guidance positions in:
- Public and private elementary and secondary schools
- Community agencies
- Private agencies
- Pastoral settings
JBU Graduate Counseling programs:
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling, MS
- Marriage and Family Therapy, MS
- School Counseling, MS
- Play Therapy Certificate Program
- Christian values-based learning
- Academically and professionally qualified faculty
- Preparation for state licensure as a Marriage and Family Therapist, Licensed Professional Counselor, School Counselor or Play Therapist
- Opportunity to combine licensure programs
- Experiential learning through hands-on training
- Ranked #1 best value in the South by U.S. News & World Report
- Evening and summer classes
- Campus and online courses
Become a counselor who instills hope and healing.
Complete the form on the right to request more information about one of our most well-respected programs.