Applying for Aid

Down Arrow Icon

Step 1: Connect with admission’s representative and apply

Every school has different admissions and financial aid requirements, forms, deadlines and policies, so it's import to visit with your JBU admissions representative. Please see our Admissions Counselor Page to get in contact with a representative.

Complete the Application for Admission and turn in any necessary documentation. Please see our Admissions Page for more information on the admissions process or to review admissions requirements.

Step 2: File the FAFSA


Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at JBU's school code is 001100.

The FAFSA is available on October 1st for the following school year and will use prior prior tax year information.  

To complete the FAFSA, you will need an FSA ID. You can establish your FSA ID (username and password combination) when you log into the FAFSA.

Once you complete the FAFSA, you will receive your Student Aid Report (SAR) via email. The Please review the FAFSA for accuracy. Make corrections as necessary. Please resubmit the FAFSA after making corrections.  

It usually takes the Financial Aid Office about 3-5 business days to receive FAFSA submissions. The JBU Financial Aid Office will email you if we have any questions or need you to take any further action with your FAFSA.

Please be sure to return additional documentation, if necessary. You will receive emails notifying you of which documents we need. (For example, the government may require that we request a copy of your tax forms.)

A limited number of scholarships, assistantships and fellowships are also available to JBU graduate students.

For questions regarding scholarships, assistantships, fellowships, or loans please contact Gina Pace ( 

Step 3: Complete the How Much to Borrow Form

Once the FAFSA process has been completed, a financial aid representative will email you the How Much to Borrow Form. Please let us know how much you would like to borrow each semester.

Step 4: Receive your JBU award letter

JBU will award financial aid after the student is accepted to JBU and has a completed financial aid file. We will notify you if your file is incomplete. The student will receive the financial aid offer via email.

Talk to your admissions counselor if you have questions or need additional assistance.

Step 5: Accept award letter and determine how to pay

Once you have reviewed your Award Letter, you will electronically accept each form of aid listed on your award letter. From there, you will determine how to pay any remaining balance due. Here at JBU, we bill for one semester at a time.    

Do you want to use the monthly payment plan? This divides the amount due for the semester, by four. Payments begin in July for the fall semester and in January for the spring semester.

Watch for financial aid to pay. Financial aid pays to a student's account after a student has attended the required number of classes. Until this point, the Business Office sees the financial aid as "pending." 

Step 6: Complete paperwork 

Be sure to complete any remaining Financial Aid paperwork (i.e. verification documents and loan paperwork) before the semester begins. Your admissions representative or a financial aid representative can help you determine what needs to be completed.