JBU Graduate Education

Professional Licensure Disclosure

Down Arrow Icon

Professional Licensure Disclosure


JBU and the Department of Graduate Education have determined that the Master of Arts in Teaching, the M.Ed. in Special Education and the M.Ed. in School Counseling curriculum all meet the requirements for the licensure designation through the Arkansas Department of Education (ADE).  We have also determined that the endorsement in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) meets the educational requirements for the endorsement area. Many states offer licensure reciprocity with the state of Arkansas whereby a license issued by ADE will be recognized by the license office of that state. 

Although John Brown University makes every effort to disclose and provide resources for licensure requirements for each state, it is important that students also inquire with their state licensing board, where they intend to apply for licensure, to determine the requirements for licensure in their field.

IMPORTANT: Prospective and current students should keep in mind that licensing and authorization requirements will vary by state and that relocating during the course of a program to another state could affect whether that student can continue in the program and/or meet the eligibility requirements of that state. If you are considering relocating, please contact your program to determine authorization and licensure eligibility requirements.