Play is the language of children.
Play Therapy provides a way for children to express their experiences and feelings through a natural, self-guided process. Because their experiences and knowledge are often communicated through play, play therapy becomes an important vehicle for children to know and accept themselves and others.
If you are interested in pursuing specialized training in play therapy, John Brown University offers the options to earn an emphasis in the area as a part of your master's degree program or to receive the training after you have completed a master's degree.
Give children a voice. Master counseling.
- Christian values-based learning
- Academically and professionally qualified faculty
- Preparation for state licensure as a Play Therapist
- Opportunity to combine licensure programs
- Experiential learning through hands-on training
- Weekend classes for play therapy