JBU Graduate Counseling Programs
Instill hope and healing.
At John Brown University, we believe that the best counselors go beyond empathy to become a guide to understanding and recovery.
JBU’s master’s degrees in Clinical Mental Health Counseling (LPC), Marriage and Family Therapy and School Counseling integrate a conceptual framework of competence, attitudes and character, relationships and essential knowledge (CARE) to create counselors with Christ-like character, integrity, compassion and commitment.
With a master’s degree in counseling from JBU, you will be prepared professionally for counseling and guidance positions in:
- Public and private elementary and secondary schools
- Community agencies
- Private agencies
- Pastoral settings
Become a counselor who instills hope and healing. Master counseling.
- Christian values-based learning
- Academically and professionally qualified faculty
- Preparation for state licensure as a Marriage and Family Therapist, Licensed Professional Counselor, School Counselor or Play Therapist
- Opportunity to combine licensure programs
- Experiential learning through hands-on training
- Evening and summer classes
- Campus and online courses