Federal and State Grants

Federal & State Student Aid Programs


Federal Pell Grant (Maximum $6,195 for 2019–2020)

Award based on financial need. Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.

Application Process: File the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)

A Pell-eligible student whose financial aid exceeds charges on the account may request a book voucher from the Business Office. The student can use this voucher to purchase required books and supplies at the JBU bookstore.

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant ($100–$1,200)

Award based on Pell Grant eligibility and Expected Family Contribution (EFC). Must be a US citizen or permanent resident.

Application ProcessFile the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)

Limited funding is available. Funds are reserved for Pell Grant recipients demonstrating the highest need.

Federal TEACH Grant ($4,000 for 2018-2019)

Must be a U.S citizen or permanent resident. Must agree to serve 4 years in a high-need field in a low-income school.

Application Process:

File the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)

File the TEACH Agreement to Serve (ATS)

Student Support Services (SSS)

Student Support Services awards grant aid to SSS participants who meet the federal and program requirements for grant awards. Students must also have received a Federal Pell Grant for the current year. Grant aid is awarded for the spring semester. Contact the Student Support Services at (479) 524-7471 office for more information.

Arkansas Resident Scholarships and Grants

Arkansas Academic Challenge Scholarship ($1,000–$5,000)
Governor's Scholars Program ($4,000)
Governor's Distinguished Scholarship Program ($10,000)
Higher Education Opportunities Grant (Go! Opportunities Grant – $1,000)

For more information regarding program requirements/deadlines, please visit www.ADHE.edu. For more information about Arkansas financial aid, contact the Arkansas Department of Higher Education:

Email: FinAid@adhe.edu

Phone: 1 (800) 54-STUDY / (501) 371-2050 (Little Rock area)

If you're not an Arkansas resident, call the Department of Education in your state to see what state awards are available.