Get help paying for school
A limited number of graduate assistantships, scholarships, and/or fellowships are available each academic year to eligible applicants.
Leading positive change in today's world is not easy. It requires knowledge, skill, and character. Leaders are those who provide direction, inspiration, advice, and unified vision to keep those around them focused on moving toward their goals. The Graduate Business Scholarship is a 2-year, merit-based scholarship that seeks to enhance the impact of business leaders who are creating change in their communities, our nation, and the world.
The Graduate Business Scholarship is designed to recognize an entering graduate student in the field of business who shows strong vision and potential for using their education to create a positive impact. Specifically, the recipient will demonstrate:
- An intention to pursue a graduate business degree (MBA or MS) at John Brown University;
- Academic excellence as reflected in prior academic performance;
- A desire to discover the application of Christian principles and active faith in the leadership of an organization;
- A vision for service, development, growth, and impact.
Recipients will receive a tuition scholarship for the MBA or MS degrees in business for the amount of $5,000 per year for two years for a total of $10,000.
Scholarship Selection Criteria
- Academic excellence (minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.25)
- A record of service, leadership, and engagement
- Career plans to use graduate education to impact others
- Demonstrated financial need as reflected by submitted FAFSA
Conditions for continuance
Recipients must maintain satisfactory academic progress and satisfy dispositional requirements of the Soderquist College of Business in order to receive the scholarship for successive years. The scholarship expires 24 months after its initial award.
Individuals who were not enrolled in a graduate business program at JBU the previous fall semester or prior may apply for the Graduate Business Scholarship, Only candidates who meet the financial need and academic criteria will be considered by the Graduate Business Scholarship selection committee.
Applications for 2022-2023 are available now through March, 2022.