Credit for Military Training

Non-Traditional Credit Options

Active service members and veterans of the United States armed services may receive college credit for their military training and occupational specialties. JBU follows the credit recommendations established by the American Council on Education (ACE) for courses and occupations from the U.S. Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Coast Guard, Army Reserve, and National Guard. The Community College of the Air Force maintains academic records for members and veterans of the U.S. Air Force.

In order to determine the academic credit for your military experience, JBU must review one or more of the following documents.

  • Army and Army National Guard members should request an AARTS transcript from the AARTS Operation Center, 415 McPherson Ave, Ft. Leavenworth, KS 66027-1373.
  • Community College of the Air Force transcripts are available from the CCAF Registrar at CCAF/RRR, 130 W. Maxwell Blvd., Maxwell AFB, AL 36112-6613.
  • Members of other branches should submit separation report DD 214, DA Form 2-1 Personnel Qualification Record, or DD Form 295 Application for the Evaluation of Educational Experiences During Military Services.
  • Veterans unable to locate their original military records may request copies from National Personnel Records Center, Military Personnel Records, 9700 Page Boulevard, St. Louis, MO 63132.
Google™ Translate: