Experience Collegiate Level Musical Training
June 26-July 2, 2016
This one-week intensive program is a great way to see what music study is like at the university level. Each student will receive daily lessons, the chance to perform in masterclasses, and multiple opportunities to attend performances by faculty and peers. Students can enjoy honing their skills in a supportive, Christian environment with JBU faculty and guest artists. Classes topics include theory, developing a secure technique for the high school students, and how to look at a score and determine the character and composer's intent.
This summer’s program will be led by Dr. Paul Whitley, professor of piano at JBU, and Mr. Alan Chow, piano faculty at Northwestern University. Read more about them.
To read about last year's Piano Academy check out this article.
Who should register: High school students: 9-12th grade as of Fall 2016.
Cost: $385 (includes meals and activities)
$113.76 for on-campus housing
How do I register?
1. Fill out the registration form here (ONLY 4 SPOTS REMAIN)
2. Submit a $100 deposit online, OR
If you would like to mail a check instead, please make it out to John Brown University and send it to:
John Brown University
Attn: Academic Partnerships
2000 W. University St.
Siloam Springs, AR 72761
3. Send a recording of a piece by any major composer within one week of registration via online link, audio file, or hard copy to PWhitley@jbu.edu.
5. Contact Lauren Huffman (LHuffman@jbu.edu | 479.524.7423) with any questions about the registration process, to confirm your final balance, and to make a payment.
6. Please contact Dr. Whitley with questions about the recording or program at PWhitley@jbu.edu.