Goals and Philosophy
The Education Program, in keeping with the overall goals of the University, strives to provide teacher candidates with the following:
1. A firm Christian foundation with respect to their personal, moral, and spiritual development.
2. Desirable values, ideals, and a sense of individual responsibility based upon Christian principles.
3. An appreciation of the opportunities for service in the teaching profession.
4. An understanding of the role of education in a democratic society.
5. Knowledge and skills necessary to respond to the individual differences of learners.
6. Appropriate skills and techniques for effective teaching.
7. An introduction to the processes of teaching based on professional studies which are integrated with clinical and field based experiences.
8. A knowledge of the growth and development of youth.
9. An awareness of the social, political, and economic realities that individuals experience in culturally diverse and complex human
10. A broad general education.
11. One or more academic areas of in-depth study.