Student Activities purpose is to provide memorable events and activities for students that nurture and develop the student culture and community. There are three areas within Student Activities
SEA (Student Events & Activities) coordinates JBU traditional and new events and activities such as Mock Rock, Talent Show, Late Skate and dances.
BLU Entertainment coordinates music driven events such as Coffeehouses, Concerts and The Next Big Thing.
Student Activities Communications Team coordinates all SEA and BLU media and communication needs by working with the three divisions of BLUE, Elevate and Vibe, throughout campus and the community. This involves posters, videos, photography, social media and any other needs as the team sees fit.
The student directors of each team is responsible for recruiting, motivating, leading and evaluating the team in all aspects of each activity their division sponsors.
2014-2015 Student Activities positions available:
Please read full descriptions before filling out an application.
Hiring Timeline (including important dates)
- Applications available- January 2014
- Application and References due- April 4, 2014
- Individual interviews-March 12-15, 2014 (Sign up for an interview in Student Development)
- Decision letters- March 18, 2014
- Training begins after Spring Break
- Retreat- TBD
- Date for Fall return- August 16, 2014
- Date for Spring return- January 10, 2015
Questions? Email StudentActivities@jbu.edu