Student Accounts Services
Refunds of Credit Balances
- If you expect a refund of excess financial aid, enroll in Direct Deposit. Direct Deposit is generally a faster refund process than paper checks. It is also easier and safer-the funds go straight to your bank account and you receive an email notification of the transaction. Enroll for Direct Deposit for refunds using the Banking Information link on EagleNet. Students not electing e-check will be refunded by paper check. The paper check will be mailed to the student's preferred mailing address.
- Card payments for tuition and fees will incur a service fee billed by Official Payments, JBU's e-commerce provider. The 2.5% service fee applies only to card payments. JBU offers a no-cost electronic check option as an online alternative. Traditional paper checks or money orders may be mailed to the University Cashier. Cash is also accepted as an in-person transaction at the Cashier window.
Student Financial Account
- Review your e-statement online through EagleNet. Charges, account details, and anticipated financial aid are shown. (Note that potential work-study earnings will not show here). Please review your account regularly and make timely payments. Contact your Student Accounts Representative with any questions or concerns. Paper statements will not be mailed to current students.
PAY IN FULL Pay your expected account balance (less anticipated financial aid & workstudy earnings) in full five days prior to the start of the term.
PAYMENT PLAN Pay 20% five days prior to the start of the term then you will automatically be enrolled in a payment plan after the 2nd week of the term. A $50 payment plan fee will be added to your account at that time.
International Student Payments - Wire Transfers
Complete wire transfers of funds for student accounts payments through peerTransfer.
- Electronic bookstore vouchers are sent to Follett Bookstore in Walker Center two weeks prior to the term start date. Your voucher will reflect available pending financial aid (aid that exceeds your tuition, fees, and room/board) and may be used for your textbook and class supply purchases at the bookstore. The bookstore will access your e-voucher at the bookstore point-of-sale register then will charge your JBU student account for the sale amount.
- Follett Bookstore
Complete the Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act (FERPA) Third Party Release if you authorize the Student Accounts staff to discuss your student financial account details with your parent or other third party. Submit the completed release form to your Student Accounts Representative.
- Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act (FERPA)
- FERPA Third Party Release
- FERPA Parent's Certification of Dependency
Tuition & Fees
Student Health Insurance
Graduate Students may be eligible to enroll in JBU Student Health Insurance through Academic Health Plans. See eligibility and enrollment information on the AHP web page.
Student Accounts Representative
Office #34 in Chapman Bldg