(From the 2010 - 2015 JBU Strategic Plan)
Let your work be shown to your servants, and your glorious power to their children. Let the favor of the Lord our God be upon us, and establish the work of our hands upon us; yes, establish the work of our hands. Psalm 90:16-17ESV
John Brown University provides Christ-centered education that prepares people to honor God and serve others by developing their intellectual, spiritual and professional lives. JBU’s mission is summarized in its two historic mottos: Christ over all, and Head, Heart and Hand.
A Christ-centered, interdenominational university that leads the nation in integrating faith and learning, fostering holistic spiritual formation, promoting pragmatic liberal arts education, and preparing people to follow Christ’s call to serve others in all areas of life.
- Christ-centered. We pray and worship together as a community; we submit to God’s truth and authority as expressed faithfully through His inspired Scriptures; we seek to restrain evil and to promote good through our work and service; and we educate students to serve Christ and His Kingdom because we are followers of Jesus Christ, the incarnate and visible person of the triune God.
- Pursuit of Learning. We educate students to seek, and exemplify ourselves, a globally-aware, holistic, curious and lifelong pursuit of learning because God created the world good and it is part of our worship of God to learn as much as we can about Him and His world.
- People. We make decisions that benefit students; we extend hospitality to strangers; we recognize the God-given gifts of our colleagues; we act and treat each other with integrity; we respectfully engage and encourage a variety of differences among people; we nourish relationships; and we study and learn in community because God has created people in His image.
- Service. We listen and learn from others, recognize and meet their needs and engage and create cultures to imagine new opportunities for people to flourish because God has called us to love our neighbor.
- Stewardship. We strive to be wise stewards of our time, talents, and financial and natural resources because this world belongs to God.
- Excellence. We seek to do all things well and then strive to do them better because God calls us to do all things in honor of Him.
For more information please contact Lucas Roebuck: firstname.lastname@example.org