Showing the Skills You Learn
There are many opportunities to perform and enhance your musical skills at John Brown University.
- Cathedral Choir - Enhance your music skills by singing with JBU's nationally acclaimed Cathedral Choir.
- Red Steps - Go on tour with the Red Steps worship band.
- Chapel Band - Play or sing in one of JBU's six Chapel Bands.
- Women's Chorus - University Women's Chorus is an audition-only choir for women who love to sing, but who may not prefer to be in a touring ensemble.
- Jazz Ensemble- Cheer on the Golden Eagles athletic teams at home games and perform classic jazz band repertoire by playing in the Jazz Ensemble.
- Chamber Orchestra- The Chamber Orchestra consists of chamber groups of varying instrumentations and sizes.
- Music Theater Workshop - If you love singing and acting, then the JBU music theater workshop is just for you.
- Recitals - Music students are given the opportunity to showcase their talents in a solo recital during their Junior and Senior years.
In order to be fully prepared for performance on a stage or work in a classroom, students must learn the basic elements of music theory, ear training and music history. Historically, JBU music students have excelled on national standardized tests in these academic areas of music.
Read more about these achievements here.