For specific course requirements, detailed class descriptions and sample 4-year plans, visit the current JBU Catalog.
JBU offer's some of the nation's best instruction on music theory, music history and aural analysis, what JBU Music labels the "pre-performance" aspects of music. Read more about our outstanding "pre-performance" program here.
What Can I Expect?
- Complete Music Department audition process and be admitted into the degree program.
- Participate in an ensemble each semester
- Attend various recitals on and off campus
- Complete an internship and senior worship presentation
- Complete music courses including:
- 4 semesters of private lessons (piano, voice, or instrument)
- 4 semesters of piano (class or applied)
- 3 semesters of music theory
- 2 musicianship (ear training)
- 2 semesters of music history and literature
- Complete Worship Arts courses including:
- Worship Arts 1 and 2: Orientation and Methods
- Biblical Theology of Worship
- Audio Technology
- Contemporary Theory
- Complete the University Core curriculum (various courses in the liberal arts, Biblical studies, math and sciences, etc…)