Students majoring in sports medicine will be given a thorough education in foundational kinesiology principles, in addition to being exposed to the most recent developments in the field of sports as well as:
- Opportunities to gain practical experience are available through class time, internships and labs equipped with state of the art equipment, including a cadaver lab for pre-health professional students
- Get field experience in kinesiology by observing professionals in the field
- Sports majors can volunteer with local retirement homes or child wellness centers
- Students can work with a variety of public or private organizations as personal trainers, fitness advisers or more
- Each student has the opportunity to study abroad
- Take fitness classes in racquetball, golf, swimming, walking, jogging, tennis or bowling.
- Learn the basic skills involved in backpacking and camping ... then go on a backpacking trip!
- Observe emergency treatments by participating in ambulance calls through a certified EMT response facility.