Majoring in psychology at JBU means combining a Christian perspective on human behavior with studying the latest methods, research, data and tools of psychology. In this unique major, students can:
- Gain field experience in a variety of off-campus settings and observe professionals in their area of expertise.
- Conduct their own student-directed research under the supervision of a faculty member.
- Submit and present research papers to a variety of conferences.
- Volunteer in a crisis pregnancy center.
- Mentor at-risk teens.
- Learn major counseling theories and practice interviewing, setting conditions for psychological growth and developing action plans for healthy psychological change.