- Professor Peter Pohle was named Master Artist (category: Steam Punk) by Exposé 10, an annual publication featuring the best digital art work created worldwide.
- Students study abroad abroad in locations such as Guatemala, New Zealand, Fiji, and Switzerland, while doing practical design work for missions organizations nearby.
- Join the student-led Visual Arts Foundry & go to conferences, competitions, exhibitions, or engage in critiques or extracurricular projects.
- JBU continually excels at the Northwest Arkansas Ad Federation 'ADDY' Awards. JBU frequently places in the regional Addy's Awards, with some projects moving onto the national level. (pictured left)
- Students are free to make any idea or concept into a visual reality with the newly renovated facilities in the Windgate Visual Arts East building. (But don't forget all of the other useful tools in the West building!)
- Screen printing and printmaking are among the most popular classes. Using the new studios, approach design in a hands-on medium through classes innovative classes!
- Student work with local companies to design logos, brochures and other print material. You can also design logos, brochures, posters and more for on campus groups.
- Students display personal artwork in the student gallery.
- International experience available for graphic and web design students! Go on the European Art Tour
- JBU students earn highly-sought internships. Apply for an internship