Careers and Opportunities
Careers for Family and Human Service majors:
Students majoring in family and human have a variety of career opportunities upon graduation (Not an exhaustive list).
- Case management - for both profit and nonprofit organizations, daycare providers, half-way homes, youth/adult/senior citizen's programs or group homes.
- Research and evaluation - for community centers, hospitals, adoption agencies, rehabilitation centers or camp programs.
- Writing, editing or researching- for organizations focused on children and family (book publishers, radio/TV stations, nonprofit organizations, newspapers, magazines or manufacturers).
- Social Services - for federal, state and local government agencies.
- Program advocate/coordination/evaluation - for childcare programs, health and wellness agencies, women's protective agencies.
- Teaching and administration - for religious organizations, daycare centers (private or public), extended school programs, private homes, family daycare.
- Case worker - for adoption agencies.
- Graduate school - Many graduates choose to go on a get their master's in a particular field of interest.
- Department of Human Services in many states look for graduates who have specialized in a degree for social work with children and families.
- Lead a Bible study
- Join a CAUSE ministry — Christian Ambassadors United for Service and Evangelism
- Work with various non-profit organizations and local outreach programs
- Be part of ENACTUS — Entrepreneurship in Action
- Conduct interviews and research on specific topics of interest or work alongside professors in their research
Each year JBU provides several mission trip opportunities. For more information, visit the International Programs Office.