Find Out Your Options
Careers in Elementary Education
- Teach students in grades K-6
- Teach overseas - Many international and missionary based schools look for qualified teachers to serve.
- Work in private or public schools - Educational institutions are always seeking quality teachers.
- Work in day care centers or nursery schools - Child care workers who understand childhood development and education fundamentals are in great demand.
- Graduate school - Many graduates choose to pursue a degree in higher education to teach collegiate coursework in education.
- Social Work - Elementary schools and other educational institutions look for social workers who have a background in education.
- Education Administrator - These professionals oversee the daily aspect of child care centers, preschools or other schools. Typically, this position requires an advanced degree.
- Missions work - Many missionary families are looking for qualified educational professionals to help them with homeschooling.
- Spend up to 800 hours in the classroom through our embedded field experience program with Siloam Springs School District.
- Develop a whole curriculum while in school.
- Volunteer with local schools.
- Work with the Dogwood Literacy Council in Siloam Springs.
- Tutor local high school and elementary students through programs like Big Brother/Big Sister, area churches and Christian camps.
- Volunteer at Ability Tree, a program that reaches out to families impacted by disability.
- Explore global opportunities by teaching in Uganda or Lithuania.