Early Childhood Education Major
Opportunities after graduation:
- Teach P-4
- Teach overseas - many international and missionary based schools look for qualified teachers to serve.
- Work in private or public schools - Educational institutions are always seeking quality teachers.
- Work in day care centers or nursery schools - child care workers who understand childhood development and education fundamentals are in great demand.
- Graduate school - many graduates choose to pursue a degree in higher education to teach collegiate coursework in education.
- Social Work - elementary schools and other educational institutions look for social workers who have a background in education.
- Education Administrator - these professionals oversee the daily aspect of child care centers, preschools or other schools. Typically, this position requires an advanced degree.
- Missions work - Many missionary families are looking for qualified educational professionals to help them with homeschooling.
JBU introduces the new College of Education and Human Services.