Students majoring in child and family studies get to:
- Examine some of the critical issues facing counselors, youth leaders, educators and social workers.
- Conduct interviews and research on specific topics of interest.
- Choose an independent study of particular interest.
- Work alongside professors as the professor conducts research and publications.
- Tutor students in the community.
- Work with the Dogwood Literacy Council in Siloam Springs.
- Volunteer with local outreach programs.
- Create a professional portfolio that integrates academic and internship experience.