JBU Art & Illustration Graduates:
We are proud of John Mark Gibbons, a JBU student who graduated with degrees in Graphic Design and Art & Illustration with an emphasis in Digital Art. He accepted a position as a technical animator at the Moving Picture Company and has worked on Night at the Museum 3. He recently completed his final project of his latest year at the Vancouver Film School, a short film called "Peace & Quiet."
Check out more of John Mark's 3D Art at johnmarkgibbons.com.
Check out this illustrator collective blog of the artwork of four JBU Art & Illustration graduates.
Justin Eddy, a JBU Graphic Design and Art & Illustration graduate, is doing great freelance work on his website and working at MoxyOx.
Possible Art & Illustration Fields:
- Commercial Product Designer – Designing commercial products means that you could design greeting cards for a major card company. You could also design stationary, calendars, and textiles that are sold around the world.
- Medical and Science Illustrator – In a position like this you would design images found in medical or science textbooks, not to mention medical publications, journals, presentations, websites and the like. Typically, medical and science illustrators earn dual bachelor’s degrees in science and illustration in order to maximize their understanding of both fields.
- Fashion Illustrator – These illustrators design online and print advertising for clothing, shoes, and accessories. Typically, they work to create aesthetically appealing layouts for fashion magazines, departments stores, catalogs, and independent designers.
- Children’s Book Illustrator – Currently, there exists a large research initiative devoted to developing great children’s literature, and there are countless children’s books in the making that could use creative and fun illustrations. You could work for a publishing house or as a freelancer in this field.
- Animation Studios – An animators' skillset can be used in versatile ways, from creating unique characters and settings in which these characters live to creating 3D models for project designs and execution. Animators are able to supplement communication based on their design and execution.
- Advertising Agencies – Companies are anxious to get the word out about their products and services, and each one of those companies is different. There are plenty of opportunities to develop brands and labels at advertising agencies that communicate the functionality of a product and increase sales.
- Freelance Work – If you don’t want to do only one type of illustration then build a portfolio and a clientele. This a great way to utilize your skills and fulfill your passion in a variety of circumstances.
- Other opportunities include design studios, publishers, and production houses.