- New Users: Create an ILLiad account.
- Returning Users: Log in to your ILLiad account to submit, track, and receive ILL requests.
Most items that the JBU library does not own can be obtained via interlibrary loan (ILL). ILL services are available free of charge to all students and faculty, and there is no limit (within reason) to the number of ILL items that can be requested. Articles arrive in 2–3 days; books arrive in 1–2 weeks. Borrowing periods for ILL books are usually generous, but fees will be assessed on overdue items.
To submit and manage ILL requests, Create an ILLiad account (first time user registration). You can then enter information about the item you seek in the ILLiad request form or use the ILL link in many of the library's online resources to request an item. You will be notified by email when your item is available and then can log in to ILLiad to download your article or come to the library to pick up your book.
For questions regarding ILL or to request renewal of ILL books, contact Interlibrary Loan Librarian Simone Schroder at firstname.lastname@example.org or 479-524-7276.
To find items that may be available by interlibrary loan:
- Books: You can search WorldCat for items held at libraries around the world, not just JBU. Make sure that you have "Libraries Worldwide" selected for your location, not just "John Brown University Library." If you are searching for a specific item, select "Relevance Only" from the "Sort By" menu and put your search in quotation marks for best results.
- Articles: In most library databases, items not available in full text through JBU will have a link that says "request interlibrary loan" or "request item." If a database provides neither full text nor an ILL request link, login in to ILLiad in a new browser tab and copy and paste the citation information from the database record into the request form.
- From a Bibliographic Citation: If you have a full citation for a document, you can manually fill in the New Request form in ILLiad. Log in to ILLiad, select the appropriate document type from the "New Request" column on the left side of the page, and provide as much information as you can. You may wish to check the JBU Catalog or our Journal Titles full-text finder (search by the title of the journal, not the individual article) to see if the item you are seeking is available at JBU, but it is not necessary to find a record for your item in a database in order to submit an ILL request.
For other libraries: Interlibrary Loan Lending Policies
Log in to your ILLiad account to submit, track, and receive ILL requests.