These online resources are available from any computer or device with an Internet connection. If you are asked for a username and password, use your JBU username and password.
Multi-Subject Reference Resources
- Britannica Online FULL-TEXT
Encyclopedia Britannica, with links to sound and video clips.
- Credo Reference FULL-TEXT
900 reference books in all major disciplines.
- Gale Virtual Reference Library FULL-TEXT
40 reference books covering a variety of disciplines.
- LexisNexis Academic FULL-TEXT
Documents from 5,600 news, business, legal, medical, and reference publications.
- Nations of the World Online FULL-TEXT
Profiles, economic indicators, and risk assessments for 235 countries.
- ProQuest Career & Technical Education FULL-TEXT
Vocational and career search information covering a variety of fields.
- Salem Press Online FULL-TEXT
Critical Surveys of Long & Short Fiction, Masterplots, Milestone Documents in History, Encyclopedias of Global Resources, Global Warming, and the Solar System.
- World Book FULL-TEXT (On-campus access only; off-campus coming soon)
Encyclopedia, primary documents, and related reference resources.
Writing/English Language Reference Resources