Your Counselor: Christa Slagter
International Students must provide the following to receive consideration for admission:
- Application for admission with $100 application fee in US dollars.
- Reference Forms.
- Official transcripts (high school and university) translated into English.
- TOEFL score of 500 or above paper based, 173 or above computer based or 61 or above internet based or internationally recognized standardized test score (i.e., ACT, SAT I, 'O' Level, etc.)
- Proof of ability to pay expenses for the 2009/2010 academic year of approximately ($18,032/tuition, $6,876/room & board, $600/health insurance, $1,500 activity, room, security, and orientation fees and estimated books). Expenses subject to change for the 2009/2010 academic year.
- High school class rank at time of graduation.
- Internationally recognized standardized test score (i.e., ACT, SAT I, 'O' Level, etc.)
- All International Students will be required to purchase the JBU International Insurance Policy. For more details /international/admissions/
- Academic, social and spiritual factors are considered. It is helpful to provide as much relevant information as possible to determine whether there will be a good match between the applicant and the university.
NOTE: Each student and their family should be ready to pay at least $19,000 dollars annually toward tuition, room and board, insurance and textbook expenses. Approximately 125 International students from all over the world attend JBU. A limited amount of scholarship money is available, and therefore, the university can only offer certain amounts of scholarships per student.
If you are accepted for admission we require an $9,000 deposit to the university. (This deposit is refundable only if you do not actually enroll.)