Study Abroad in Belfast, Ireland
Irish Summer Studies is a six-week, nine credit hour program designed for all majors. We'll travel around the island and visit sites connected to our studies as well as some of the most beautiful tourist locations. We'll visit Stormont, Northern Ireland's parliament, and chat with members face to face. We'll visit spots where great Irish authors, such as W.B. Yeats, penned some of their greatest works. We'll pray together in Saul, the site of St. Patrick's first church in Ireland. We'll enjoy Irish culture, great fish & chips, Irish stew, and of course the best cup of tea you'll find in the world!
Dates: May 23rd - July 4th, 2016
Team Size: Minimum of 12
Professors: Melissa Stevenson, Hadden Wilson, Billy Stevenson, Ryan Hawk
Location: Lakeside Manor, Belfast, and all over the island of Ireland
Courses Offered (choose 3):
- BBL 4043 Capstone: Irish Perspectives on Christian Life (transfers in as BBL 4003 core)
- EGL 4043 Masterpieces of Irish Literature (transfers in as EGL 4003 core)
- ART 2163 Irish Art and Culture (core)
- RPH 3003 Introduction to Philosophy (core)
How to Apply:
1. Fill out the Application for Summer Education Programs.
2. Return the application and all documentation to International Programs Office.
3. The studies team leaders review all applications and will communicate with applicants accordingly.
For More Information, contact:
International Education Coordinator
John Brown University