Study at Xiamen University in China
Explore the richness of China through the unique living/learning experience of the China Studies Program (CSP). You'll travel with other students from Christian colleges to Xiamen University, one of China's top universities.
Once there, the program allows you to:
- Explore the complex past of one of the world's oldest cultures
- Experience the economic, political, and social realities of contemporary China
- Study China's challenges as a rapidly emerging world power
- Study standard Chinese language, geography and history, religion and culture
- Travel throughout China to places such as Beijing, Shanghai, Xi'an and Hong Kong
For more information, check out Bestsemester: China.
Students will begin their semester in Hong Kong, staying in camp facilities. During the rest of the program, students will usually be staying in either university dormitory rooms built especially for international students, or at tourist-class hotels. CSP students receive a food allowance to get meals on their own. Their living quarters are almost always within easy walking distance of local shops, bookstores, restaurants and cafeterias, and Internet cafés (or, in Hong Kong, "hotspots").
The China Studies Program emphasizes life together by providing both formal and informal opportunities for participants to come together for Bible study, worship and discussion of issues concerning the integration of faith, living and learning in the context of China.
|Chinese (101 or 102)||2-3|
|Contemporary Society & Public Policy||3|
|ELECTIVES (Select 3-6 Credits)||CREDITS|
|Dimensions of East Asian Culture||3|
|Eastern Philosophy and Religion||3|
|International Business in China||3|
How to Apply:
1. Read the JBU International Travel Policy, which lists the forms and documentation needed to study abroad and provides a general overview of payment methods.
2. Select your program and complete the application found on this page of the CCCU BestSemester website. Please note the deadlines.
3. Notify the International Office of your intent to participate by contacting Mindi Stevenson at firstname.lastname@example.org by October 1st (spring semester deadline) or February 1st (fall semester deadline).
For More Information, contact:
International Education Coordinator
John Brown University